Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Family Story & Isabella's Story <3

Welcome to our blog about my precious angel Isabella Jeannette, due to bless us with her presence on February 8th via c-section.

My husband and I were married on September 12th, 2009 in Casper, WY. It was a wonderful day for us and our families.

We had found out we were expecting in June 2009, and very excited about becoming first time parents.

I went with my mom (Tyler was out of town for work- got to love the oil field) for my 20 week ultrasound on September 29th. That was when everything changed.
The technician said that they needed to review her scans and the she would be back in 10 minutes. More than that time had passed, and we were busy telling everyone the good news that we were expecting a beautiful baby girl. The radiologist came back in and told us we needed to go to my OB doctors office immediately.
We rushed over there, and that's when I found out there was something abnormal about her brain. They scheduled me for an appointment in Denver, CO (about 4 hours from where I live) with a perinatologist on Friday, Oct. 2nd.
The next few days went by in a blur, I was numb from shock. I didn't want anyone around me, or anyone to really know.
We (my mom, husband and auntie) headed down to Denver the night before. We are very fortunate to have family in Littleton that we can stay with.
At the appointment, I met Dr. Tara Becker for the first time. They did level II ultrasounds on me and also a 3D ultrasound. We all got to see our precious angel moving and smiling.
They knew something was wrong, and wanted to do an amniocentesis to make sure there were no chromosomal defects as well. (That hurt!!! And Isabella Jeannette kept trying to reach for the needle. Ahh my curious girl.)
I was also sent to get a fetal MRI done, this took over an hour, because Isabella was having no part of laying still for them to get a clear picture.
They did a rapid test of the amino and everything came back negative for Trisomy 13 & 18.
When we got the complete report, everything else was perfect. She also showed no defects of any other body part or organ.

No comments:

Post a Comment