Saturday, June 2, 2012

Seizure Monster!

As any parent of a child with epilepsy or any person with epilepsy will tell you the Seizure Monster is NEVER welcomed.


Isabella has suffered from confirmed seizures since she was 2 months old. We have been able to control these with medications, unless she is sick or teething.

Lately Isabella has been having new 'episodes' which I fear are Absence Seizures. I have a conference call on Monday with her neurologist to discuss these new episodes. Luckily her backup medication Clonazepam seems to be handling these and so far she hasn't had an episode today.
This was during an episode yesterday. :(





I am a parent of a child with special needs. My superpower is the ability to hope beyond what the eye can see and faith that through love all things are possible. I have what it takes: the presence of mind to do what I do best - love with all my heart and BELIEVE. ~HOPELights

No comments:

Post a Comment